Monday, October 29, 2007

LOTS of Poker

Friday night I played in Gambit's home game. I was up around $25 before I had a string of 2nd best hands and before I knew it I was down $35. I rebought for another $20 before we played some NL before the tournament. I made a nice little comeback and ended up winning a capped pot vs Gambit when I held the nut flush. The next hand I have Q,J and Cosensa raised to $1.25. Next to act calls and I call. Three handed to a Qc,Qx,9c flop. Chris bets out $2, next to act calls and I move in to the cap total of $20. Chris immediately calls and next to act thinks for about 2 minutes before he calls. Chris had K,Q and the other player had 8,8. I ended up down $11 for the cash game.

In the tournament I played tight early (folding A,10; K,Q in EP etc.) I picked up zero hands. When the blinds were 25/50 I decided to take a stab at a hand and raised in EP to 200 with 10,7. There was one caller in MP and the flop came a beautiful looking J,9,8. I lead out for 250 and MP calls. The turn came a K. I shoved and MP calls with K,J. I busted the other player in 8th place. I then end up paying people off and am now down to around 800 with 7 people left. Fasso moves in for 550 playing 50/75 (I think) and I am in the SB with 5,5. I win that hand and and we are down to 6 people.

We are at the 50/100 level and I am in the cutoff with Q,Q and have around $1500 behind. I raise to 350 only to see that Chris had already raised to 300. So now i am only in for a call. Heads-up the flop comes 10,6,2 rianbow. Chris cheks, I shove and Chris calls with 6,6 and I am done in 6th. With the two bounties I ended up losing $20 in the tournament.


Saturday was a marathon session online, 12 hours in total over three sessions. I was determined to get my APPT Macau seat. I played the step tournaments with the following results:

APPT Step 2 - Redo Step 2
APPT Step 2 - Out
APPT Step 2 - Out
PCA Step 4 - out

then the run happens:

APPT Step 1 (usung FPP;s) - Advance to step 2
APPT Step 2 - Advance to step 3
APPT Step 3 - Advance to step 4
APPT Step 4 - Advance to step 5
APPT Step 5 - busto - nooooooooooooooooooooo

Almost got there with $0 invested.

APPT Step 2 - Advance to step 3
APPT Step 3 - Redo step 3
PCA Step 3 - Redo step 3
APPT Step 3 - out
PCA Step 3 - Redo step 3
PCA Step 3 - out
PCA Step 3 - Redo step 3

I then decided to play in the $109 double shootout. There were 46 people in the tournament so 1st place won a seat and 2nd got their money back. My first table was 5 handed and we got to heads-up with me being a 2:1 short stack. In about 5 hands I had flopped top pair and got it in vs 2nd pair and I ended up winning the table.

At the final table I had flopped sets twice early. The second time it happens I call a raise after I limp with 2,2. The flop comes 4,4,2. I check call. On the K turn I check raise and he shoves with A,A. My hand is good and I knock out 9th place. With 8 left I have a slight chip lead with 2600. I took a few flops and missed some draws and i am down to six players when my bustout hand occurs. I am down to around 1500 in chips with 25/50 blinds. The chip leader is around 3600. I get K,K in early position and decide to limp. I want to take a chance and try and win a big pot. The flop comes 8,7,5. I check, the CL bets out, late position player calls and I shove. The CL calls and the late position player calls. CL flopped top 2 and the late position player flopped top pair with a flush draw. The CL turned the boat and I was done in 6th. Damn it!

End of the night.

1 comment:

gadzooks64 said...

I'm tagging you!

See my blog for more info.