Sunday, October 21, 2007

Done with Round 1

The first 22 step 1's I played was an absolute disaster.

1st-2nd (step 2) - 3
3rd (redo) - 3
4th ($1.50) - 3
5th - 4
7th - 4
9th - 5

I guess I was playin a little too aggressive.

With my three step 2's I was only able to get a single step 1 redo out of it. In one of the step 2's I ran into an unfortunate situation. I doubled up early when I turned a straight and also had a flush draw. All the money went in and the other person had the idiot end of the straight and I got the double-up early. With 7 left I get in a hand with another person who doubled-up. I am in the BB with Qs8s and check. Flop comes Js7s4s. I lead out, other big stack raises and I shove. He calls with 4,4. The J hits on the turn and I'm done. Yuck.

With the one step one I got out of it I played it and ended up winning and getting a step two. I then decided to use my FPP's this morning to play in a step 2 (using 1750 FPP's). I ended up busting out in 4th and getting a redo. I played another and was able to finish top 2 and get a seat to step 3. In the last one there was one massive agro donk who did all of the work. I was 4th in chips when he knocked out 2nd in chips on a bad beat. Three handed I flopped bottom 2 to his top pair to get even with 2nd. Then the other two get it all in. Big stack with 99 and short stack with QQ. Great. Wait, board of 5,6,7,8,x and I win a seat.

Right now I have one step 3 and one step 2. I still have enough FPP's for 3 more step 2's along the way.

Enough about steps. I played some more .25/.50 NL and won around $15 on the night. So far for the month I am up around $170 over 600 hands. I wish that was sustainable.

Upcoming online tourneys:
10/21 - Pokerslut Tour PLO
10/23 - CHIMPS PLO
10/25 - AIPS PLO8


Looks like an Omaha week.


Oh yeah, I also played a little Stud8 last night and lost. I went to razz and won it all back plus some. Then went to HORSE and only played the Stud games at .25/.50 and took $10 to $17 before I left when hold'em came around.

No comments: