Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Monday Online Results

I played in the $80 satellite to get into the $650 PCA satellite. In the first hand I get 9c8c in EP and limp. There are two other limpers and the SB raises to 80. I call and the others fold. The flops comes 10,9,x rainbow. Both of us check. The turn brings an 8. He leads out for 120. The check on the flop seemed very strange to me. After the bet I am CONVINCED he has j,j or q,q and to a lesser extent k,k. I raise to 360. He instashoves and I just know my read is correct here. I call and oops, I made a mistake. He had 10,10. Nothing like dearing dead and I am out in one hand.

I played some cash games and I think I ended up down $2 or so for the day. So far today I played a $6 turbo SNG and ended up winning it. When we had 8 left I had 10,10 for the second hand in a row. I shoved the hand before after 3 limpers and got no callers. This time I raise to 350 (50/100) UTG and a the chip leader shoves (I'm 2nd in chips). A short stack shoves. I think for a bit and fold. Biggie shoved with A,10 and shortie had 2,2. The deuces win with a 4 flush (I had the 10 and would have won). I picked my spots well and when I had the big stack head-up I called his 2800 shove with 8c7c. He had KcQc. I hit the 8 and it was over.

With my profits I am going to play either a $13 turbo or two $6 turbos before or after the CHIMPS event tonight.

CHIMPS should be fun tonight. I have two goals during CHIMPS:

1) Break even
2) Make EVERY final table.

We'll see.

No comments: