Saturday, October 13, 2007

Horrible Home Game

I'll get to the home game in a second.

I played some Nl cah on Thursday night online. Another good 2-table session and I ended up winning around $20. I was looking around on Poker Stars after and I see that they are offering step tournaments for a PCA seat.

http://www.pokerstars.com/caribbean-adventure/2008/qualify/#steps

I played a step one tournament and got a double upin the the first 15 minutes. When we were down to 6 handed I tried to take out the short stack with K,J. He had Q,8 and hit his queen to double-up and dropped me down to 12BB. My last hand I flopped top pair 2nd nut kicker and lost to a flopped set. I'm glad I found these step tournaments. I will most likely invest around $200 or so to try and get a seat. I think the plan is going to be to play around $100 worth of the Step 1's and then go from there. The only concern I have is how fast the SNG's will fill-up near the end of the steps. The last one is a 2 table SNG with 3 seats up for grabs. I hope I get that far to find out.

Friday night I played a home game up in Minneapolis. The host of the game is a good player and the rest of the 6 in the game he mostly works with. I think I wanted to puke. They constantly talked about work all night long. Almost every hand you had to tell them it was their turn to play. Then they would take a minute to finish their story and then look at their cards. At least it was only $20.

In the first one I picked-up the chip lead early. I ended-up letting three people double through me and bubbled in 4th. In the second game I got all my money in early with QQ vs KK and A,K and was knocked out. Fine by me. I used his computer to 3-table some .25/.50 on Full Tilt. I ended up winning a few bucks after an hour. One big hand I had 9,2 in the BB. Only the button called and the flop came 9,x,x rainbow. I checked and the button made a pot $1 bet and I called. The turn was a J and it went check check. The river was a 7. I checked and the button went over 3x pot for $10. I took the time and went through the betting patterns again. Why would he check the turn if he hit the 9? I ended up calling and he had A,K. Nice limp with nobody in the pot when it gets to him on the button. I wish I had the hand history on this one to see if I got everything right. I was going to e-mail it to me but he didn't have "save hand history" checked. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk.

No comments: