Wednesday, October 10, 2007

CHIMPS Event #2

Razz was the game last night. I was really impressed with the Nation that we had 33 people enter the event, 8 more than the hold-em event last week. Very impressive.

I decided to play a much more cautions game last night. I played mainly 7's and 8's with two wheel cards (with the 8 not being the upcard). At the first break I was ablut even in chips with not very memorable pots. In the second hour I was down in chips and got it all-in on 6th I believe vs someone who was drawing extremely thin. I won that pot and was up to around $3k in chips or so.

When we got down to 9 left our 4 handed table had Khan, Zooks, Snarf and myself. Way to pull the easy table Zerb. When we got to the final table I was able to win one really big pot early to give me plenty of chips to play. When we were down to 5-6 handed Khan had the bring-in a gazillion times to my left. I was the only one showing a low card and was able to pick-up a ton of chips as a result.

When were were 5 handed and in the money I gave the CDU (courtesy double-up) to both Khan and Zooks which took about 40% of my chips away from my chip leader stack. I played a couple smaller pots and didn't win and on my last hand I had a better draw on 5th and missed the last two to go out in 5th for around $13. Not exactly what I wanted but I will take another final table. I'm 9th in the standing now and ahead money wise for the first two events played.

Since I was KO'ed close to midmight there was no side games for me.

Next week is a heads-up tournament over on Poker Stars. I will have to shapen up over the next week I haven't played a lot of HU lately.

No comments: