Saturday, November 17, 2007

This Could Be Long, Could Be Short

In the last couple of weeks since I have blogged there has been a ton of poker played. Not sure if I have the energy to type everything out. Guess I will go till I get bored.

First up I am leaving for Macau on Tuesday! I am so pumped for this trip. In a way I hope to not see any of the sights. That means that I am in the tournament deep. I have been running pretty god in MTT's lately. My live game has been good as of late so I hope to keep it going. I would be extremely pleased with a cash but I wouldn't consider it a failure at all if I was able to make it to day 2. As of right now I am not sure how many levels are going to be played on day one. When I am there I plan on playing the two scheduled mega satellites the day before and a couple of one table satellites and/or sit-n-go's.

I will post up here at the end of each day. Since it is such a big time difference (13 hours ahead I think) posting live updates might not mean that much. Pokerstars has a live blog and if I can get someone to type up updates they will be on the card clubs forum.

After the satellites for Macau were over on PS I didn't even know I had a step 3 ticket leftover. I played it and won, then one the step 4 and then won the step 5. With the step 6 I had to use it for the Sydney tournament. It was 9 people for two spots. I ended up in 6th for nothing. As in most sng's you have to win some key coin flips. I had AhKh with 4300 behind and made a standard raise. Someone with 10,10 and 2000 called and I lost. I got back only to lose K,Q vs A,7. That one crippled me and I went out in the next hand when A,3 no good vs A,9.

Other online stuff I played the Slut Tour opening event for season 7. I ended up losing heads-up (which has been a trend lately). With 2nd place points I'm going to have to play all of those events this season to make a run at the title. I will have to miss one of the events when I'm in Macau. In CHIMPS I made the final table of the Stud/8 event and had the chip lead. I lost two big pots and was out in 5th place. In AIPS Thursday it was HORSE and I ended up a respectable 28th out of 108. No points but I was just a pot or two from cashing so I can't complain.

I got a chance to play at the horse track for about an hour and a half. I was down to $60 and rebought for another $40, then again, then again. I was in for the full $200 I bought and had $37 left when the following two hands happen.

With $37 left I raise to $15 in EP with A,J. 5 PEOPLE CALL and the flop comes A,Q,4. I shove for my last $22 and I get 3 callers. In the 3 turn another short stack is all in for $8 and the other two call. Ther river is a 2 and both players with chips left check. There is just no way I am good here. The two with chips left roll over Q,10. The all-in has A,7 and I win the main pot. WOW. Riase to $15 and those 3 hands call. Very nice. The very next hand I am UTG and pick-up A,A. I raise to $12 and get 3 callers. The flop comes 9 high rainbow and the short stack BB shoves for $22. I raise to $60 and the other two fold. The BB shows Q,8 for no pair, no draw. He is drawing dead after the turn and I win the pot. I neded up going from $37 to $256 in front of me in two hands! I ended up leaving with $244 for a nice $44 profit after being stuck for $143. These comebacks feel so much more better than a big win.

If anything interesting happens between now and Tuesday I will post it up. If not my next one will be from Macau.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is play really that bad at horse tracks???? Q/8 ???

Wow...

Have fun and good luck.