Friday, July 28, 2006

7/25 Results

I played in the $1500 NL World Series Event. It was a short day. On the 5th hand of the day something interesting happened. I get 10,8 from the small blind. There are 3 limpers to me. I check and the bb checks. Flop comes q,10,8 rainbow. I bet out $200 and get 1 caller. The turn is the 8 for a full house. I check, other bets $250 and I call. The river is a 9 giving straight possibilities. I bet $250 and the other player takes a $500 chip and throws it in. After it hits the felt he says raise. Too fuckin late, damn it! If you throw an overvalued chip on the table withoutsaying raise it is considered a call. I said "I wish it was a raise" and showed my boat. He tabled k,j for the straight. That hand would have doubled me up.

I am at $1800 in the second level. I get k,q of diamonds and I limp and along with 3 others. Flop comes q,x,x with one diamond. I bet $250 and my opponend calls. Turn comes another rag diamond. I bet $400 and ther other player goes all in (he has me covered). I have top pair and a second nut flush draw. This is a decent chance to double up. Even if I am behind (which I didnt think I was) I could still draw out. I called hand he showed 10,4 of diamonds. I don't draw out and I am done in 80 minutes.

I went over to the Bellagio after that and played in a single table satellite for the $1k Bellagio Cup tournament. I won a seat and played @ 7pm. I have decent stack in level 4. I get 10,10 and raise 3x the bb pre-flop and get 1 caller. Flop comes 10 high rainbow for a flopped set. I bet 2/5ths of the pot. Other player pushes all-in. I immediately call. He tables a,a. One other playes says he mucked an ace. Turn is a blank and the river is the case ace. I'm done to a 1 outer. Nothing like being a 98% favorite and losing.

No comments: