Wednesday, July 19, 2006

7/18 Results

I woke up early and headed over to the Rio to play in a $175 single table satellite (with $20 last longer) before the tourney started. Since they had to clear the tables by 11:00 it was played with 10 minute levels. I was caught on a bluff and lost most of my stack. I ended up bucking in 7th.

Now on to the $1500 tourney.

The first big hand I played was about 20 minutes in. I get 6,3 from the big blind with 5 limpers to me. I check my option. I cant remember the flop off hand but I was open ended. I bettor and I call and one other calls. I hit the straight on the turn and make a 3/4 pot bet and get one caller. The river places a straight on the board of 8,7,6,5,4. I am counterfitted. Other player bets 250 and I call. He has 9,10.

Next hand was in level 1. I get 7,7. There is one raiser to $75 and 2 of us call. Flop comes 9,7,6. Original raiser bets and I call. Turn is a queen. He bets and I raise and he calls. River is a 2 he checks and I bet and he reluctantly calls. He flips over 8,8 and I take the pot.

I then went on vacation for about 1 hour with no cards till I get q,q on the button. It is folded to me and I bet $150 and the bb calls. The flop comes q,3,2. Its checked to me and I make a continuation bet of $150 and the other players fold. Damn.

At the break I have around $2000. In level three I make a couple of bluffs to keep my stack until the following hand occurs.

I get a,k in middle position and raise to $325. I get one caller. Flop comes 10 high all spades (I have the ace of spades). I bet out $350. The other player pushes all-in. At worst I figured I had 14 outs twice (9 spades, 3 aces, 2 non-spade kings) which sould make me the favorite. The other players stack represented about 80% of my stack. I called and he showed Qs, Js. I didn't hit and was crippled. In the same lap I double through the same player on a coin flip to get up to $900. As we switch to level 4 I am down to about 600. I go all in with a flush draw, middle pair and a gutshot straight draw. I get called by the same guy again. He has a better flush draw with two overcards. He hits on the river and I am done. When I was knocked out there was about 100 tables left, middle of the pack.

I played well but was unfortunate to run up against bigger hands.

I played one more $125 satellite and took 3rd, AGAIN.

In $2/$5 NL cash games I won $230. Time to switch to cash games.

No comments: