Saturday, June 23, 2007

Home Game at Gambit's

I got there right before the cash game started. You start with $40 in chips playing $1/$2 limit games and some quarter quarter NL with a $15 cap. As usual in these games I was instantly down to less than $20. When Fasso called Razz I turned that $20 into aabout $60 in about 5 hands. I just didn't miss. And when I paired it was hidden and I was able to win the pots. At the end of the cash game I was up a whole $3. Yipeeeee!!!!

At the start of the tournament I was just hanging on picking up pots when I could. I had to bluff into a number of pots just to stay afloat. I boult my stack up to around $2100 (from the original $1600). We are down to 5 handed (top 2 get paid) and I am on the button with A,10 and raise to $500. The SB folds and the BB is all in for $475. HE has K,7. He hits a 7 on the turn and lose the pot.

Next major hand we are playing $150/$300. Gambit is shoving his short stack all in every hand (or so it seems). I was very patient waiting to pick-up a hand when he did this. I was in the SB and he shoves for $1400 (I have $1900). I call with A,Q and he flips over A,6. I know how Gambit runs so I am about a 90% dog in this one. The board comes out 5,2,3,4,9 and I am crippled.

Whe whole week I was in Vegas I got my money in good and lost ONLY TWO TIMES (A,K < Q,J and A,J < Q,10) and it happens to be twice in about 12 hands last night. Just too frustrating.

I played a total of 57 hands online yesterday of NL$25 and won $10.15. I'll try and get some more internet play in tonight.

T-Minus 1 week until Tampa Bay Downs re-opens with $1/$2 NL. I can't wait.

No comments: