Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 5

I woke up around 1pm so the first tourney was the $150 Razz event @ Binions. The structure was good. It doubled over the first three levels then slowed down. Perfect since the early levels of Razz mean nothing. The got a turnout of 206 with 24 spots paid. By the end of the 3rd level I was up to $6000. I didn't win many pots after that and I ended up busting in the 9th level just before dinner break, good for 78th.

I drove over to the Rio after the tourney and I was planning on playing in a satellite or two. To my suprise they were running razz sats. I haven't seen them running other than NL the whole time. Usually they run Omaha if there is an event coming up but I hadn't seen it yet. I signed up for one. At my table were two people who busted out of the Razz event at Binions. We lost two people very quick then were 6 handed for quite a while. When we got to 4 handed it was very slow. The person who knocked out the 4th place finisher had a chip lead and we couldn't get a deal done at that time. I ended up knocking out 3rd and we chopped it up.

I was able to run a couple of bluffs, one against the chip leader when we were 3 handed. That hand almost assured me a chop.

After that I sat into a $225 NL sat. I was dealt a pocket pair 3 times. The last hand I limped with 5,5. I was raised and just shoved. He nad q,q and I am done.

I sat in a 2/5 cash game shortly after that and won about $100 in a couple hours.

I signed up for the razz event @ 5pm tomorrow. If I wake up earlier tomorrow I might try and get in a tournament before my event @ 5pm.

No comments: