Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 2

I dragged my ass out of bed (I went to sleep @ 2:30) at 8:00 to get to the tourney at the Imperial Palace. I was supposed to meed Gadzooks, Zerbet and crew for the tourney. 9:00 rolled around and nobody was there so I drive down to Planet Hollywood for their 10:00 tourney.

Wow has their tourney structure there changed, for the good. It is a $60 buy-in and you start with $4000, 20 minute levels and blinds starting @ 25/50. If you bust out in the first 3 levels you can rebuy. This tourney doesn't run like a normal wild rebuy fest. There were 45 people and by the end of the 3rd level I am sittlng on $11,000. No real major hands, just a number of medium pots. I maintain over the next few levels and make it down to the final table. They are paying 5 spots and we all agree to chip in $10 to pay 6th. We make it down to the money when I get A,10 from late position and shove my 5x bb stack from late position. The BB woke up with QQ and I was out in 4th for $237.

After the tourney I picked-up Zooks and one other and we went to the Gamblers General Store. This store is like heaven for degenerate gamblers like me. I picked-up the new Full Tilt tourney book cause I want to read the razz section before the tourney Sunday. I think non-razz regulars are going to to read this section and I want to see what thought processes they are creating.

We popped over to the Rio after and I signed up for a $175 satellite. We are down to 7 people playing at $50/$100 and I am in the BB with K,7. There are two limpers, the SB completes and I check. The flop comes down A,K,K. SB checks and I bet $ 200 trying to represent the ace and get called by the other two, sweet. The turn is a 6 bringing a second club. I check, next to act bets $300 other calls. I just shove here for $1100 and the first person thinks for a bit and finally calls with Ac4c. The other folds. The river bricks and I win a good pot.

We are down to 4 handed and I am a slight chip leader with $3500. 2nd and 3rd are close to me and there is one shorter stack with $1800. Blindsare 200/400 and I am in the small blind with A,J. I put the short stack BB all in and he INSTACALLS with Q,10. WTF!!!!!! As you can guess he hits a 10 ball on the river. Not long after that I bust out in 4th. If I win that hand I have half the chips and can coast to a chop or a win.

As we are walking out of the room I go by the cash board and I hear someone call out a razz game. I look back and its Dutch Boyd getting a $10/$20 game starting. If I wasn't walking out to play the 7pm tourney at Planet Hollywood I would have stayed. I almost said screw it and stayed anyway.

We go back over to PH and sign-up for the 7pm tourney. The sctucture is the same as the other tourney. They start with 6 tables. I play like absolute garbage and not feeling well. I bust out with 4 mons left before rebuys end and was deciding whether to buy-in again. Since everyone was still in (Gadzooks, Zerbet, and one other) I bought in again. I have the $4000 to start after the break playing 100/200. I bust someone and increase to 6500 when the first key hand comes up.

I get A,10 in middle position and call a small raise. 4 handed to the flop it comes down Ac2c3d. The small blind bets $300. This screams like a blocking bet to me and he wants to draw cheaply to a flush. He was a good enough player (he was a regular there, as I asked the dealer after) for him to make this play. I make it $1500 to go and he then goes all-in. Maybe I could fold here but I have 1/3 of my stack in and if I do fold I am around 10x bb. I just can't fold here and I call. He has A,2. Oops, wrong read. The river was kind to me this time and it paired the 3 and he is counterfitted. I am now sitting on around $14k.

After that hand I just kinda cruise along picking up samll pots here and there. When we break to 2 tables I have around $21k with the blinds around 300/600 or 500/1000. The first hand at my table I get 9h8h and call a min raise. Three handed to the flop it comes down j,j,8. I check, next to act who has me covered handily bets $4k. Other player folds and action is back to me. I am sure my hand is good. The reason I think this is because he is staring at me when I am thinking. It looks like a classic "you better not call" tactic. I decide to raise to $15k. He thinks for a good 4 minutes. He starts asking questions and I just sit there and stare. He finally folds saying he had A,8. He asked what I had and didn't answer. He asked if I would tell him after and I said sure. About a minute later I told him I had 10,10.

As we are nearing the final table, which is going fast, I have about 12x bb and am one of the big stacks. The tourney is paying top 7. The guy to my immediate left says he just wants to make the final table. We are at 1k/2k and he has something like 7k. Its folded to me and i put him im with 8,5. He folds 4,2. He really made a mistake telling me this. Next lap its folded to me in the bb. I put him in for 5k, he had 2 of it in the bb, AND HE FOLDS, lol. He busts the next hand and we break for the final table.

We start the final table 9 handed. Gadzooks makes it and we are about on equal stacks around $40k or so. We lose one qucks and make a deal for the 8th place person to get $10 from everyone. At the final table 6 handed we are at 2k/4k and I pick up A,A in mid position. I raise to 12k, the guy I got to fold A,8 earlier shoves (he has me covered slightly). Its folded to me and I call. He has j,j and doesn't improve. Now I am on a monster stack. At the next break still 6 handed, me Zooks and one other have around the same stacks. Zooks took down a huge pot with A,A shortly after I did. We get down to 3 handed, I have 100k, Zooks has 86k and other guy and 109k. We talk deal. Me and Zooks wanted a 3 way chop. We ended up agreeing on 1st for $887, 2nd $687, 3rd $487. The was it was listed was something like 1100/550/350, dont check my math here.

A couple hands into 3 handed. The other guy opens for a raise. I actually fold A,5 here. Zooks pushes and other guy calls. Zooks has A,7 and other guy has A,K. Zooks doesnt improve and is out in 3rd. Heads up I am down about 2/1. I would get it back to even but them would keep flopping open enders and flush draws and was getting bled down. We played heads up for around 25 hands or so when he shoves. I call with K,J and he has A,10. I lose the flip and am crippled and bust 2 hands later.

2nd place for $687. I'll take it. Overall a good day 2. I might play the $200 tourney at Binions today at 2pm then head over the Rio for some more satellites.

Cliff notes, I run good at Planet Ho

No comments: