Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 3

I bought into the $200 NHLE event at Binions. This is the best run room in town, bar none. The blind structures was awesome.

$5000 starting stack
25/50
50/100
75/150
100/200
100/200/25

The first hand I pick-up is A,10 from middle position. I raise to up to 200 and get 1 caller from the blinds. Flop comes j,10,2 rainbow. The blind bets out 300 and I call. Turn is the ace. The blind bets 800 and I call. The river is a blank. The blind checks, I bet out 1300 and he calls with j,10.

Next hand in the first level I get Ad9d from the SB. Its folded to me and I make it $200 and the big blind calls. Flop comes Qd6d4d. I check BB bets $400 and I call. Turn pairs the 4. I bet out $1000 and get called. River pairs the 6. I check he checks. He has K,Q and my hand is good.

The really big hand comes in the third level. I get 4,4 in middle position and limp for 150. The SB makes it $550 to go, the BB smooth calls and I think for a second and call. Flop comes 9s4s2d. The SB bets out something around $1500, the BB shoves all in and I am lovin it. I shove and the SB thinks for a while and finally calls. The BB had A,A and the SB had 10s6s. The turn and river brick and I now have a monster stack. At the first break I am sitting on $26k.

In the 4th-6th levels I open raise 10-12 times and don't get one single caller, ever. At the end of the 6th level I have $25k.

In level 8 starts the downward spiral. Im still around 25k when a short stack raises and I put him all-im for about 8k with A,K. He calls and has Q,J. I flop a K but he turns a straight and I lose. Next hand happens in level 9. There is a raise, a shorter stack shoves, I call and raiser folds. My QQ < AA and I am now a short stack. With the blinds at 600/1200 I have around 6k. Its folded to me in the sb and I complete with 10s6s, bb checks. Flop comes 8s,5x,3s. I shove and the BB calls with 8,5. I river my flush but it makes the BB his boat and I am done in 73rd.

There was 303 entrants, first was $10k. Very fun tourney even though I lost.

I went down to the Rio and decided to play in the cash games. I didn't even last one lap and lost $500. Sick hands. I'll just say I was rivered twice.

I decided to walk over to the board and they had an opening at $15/$30 Razz. It played with a $2 ante and $5 bring-in. I sat down with $600. This was an amazing maniacal game. I bumped up and down so much it was sick. I went from 600 to 400 to 300. I won a massive pot getting me up to 500 then bounced up and down some more. I got it up to $730 and left after about 2-3 hours.

This game was so sick thap people were calling with a jack showing while being whip-sawed. There were more 3,4 and 5 betting going on on 3rd and 4th than I ever saw. I really hated to get up from this one but I need sleep badly.

I signed up for the $2k NLHE event tomorrow.

If anyone wants to post texts of how I am doing PM me your phone #.

No comments: