Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 1

Got into town around 3:30pm. After getting the car and checking into my hotel I talked to Gadzooks and ElSnarf and they were planning on playing a $65 tournament @ The Flamingo.

Along with Zooks and Snarf, Zerbet, Mrs Snarf, and a few others (sorry if I missed anyone). I busted in the second level. I only had one good hand which was Q,Q in the blind. I raise 3x and both limpers fold. I bust out with 3 or 4 tables still going. Yeah, there was only 4 tables in the tourney.

I sat in a $1/$2 NL game waiting for everyone else to finish. Within a lap I had it from my $300 starting stack to around $450. Aftehr that I hit nothing and bled down to $91 when I cashed out. Not a good start.

The whole crew went to eat after which was a great time. After we ate I drove over to the Rio to get a couple satellites it.

When I walked in they were seating a $175. I jumped in. The first playable hand I get was in the first lap. I pick-up A,10 in MP and raise to $175. I get 2 callers and the flop is j,10,8. I bet out $200 and both call. turn is a 9. I check/fold to a shove. We jump up to $25/$50 and I have around $600. Its limped 5 ways to me in the BB and I look down and see 6,6. I make it $350 and the UTG shoves putting me all in. Hope its a coin flip. Nope, he has q,q and I bust.

Right away they are seating a $125 sat. I play that one. Interesting thing the table was 5 women and 5 men. The thing I didn't like is that 4 of the women knew each other. Something like Naked Poker Dorm or so. Very easy on the eyes but I want some damn lammers!!!

In the first two levels I turn broadway and chip up to around $1700. The girl to my right was a card rack early hitting a set of aces and getting paid along with flopping a straight flush against someones flopped nut flush. We are down to 4 handed pretty fast. I make steals in good position to stay alfoat. When we get to heads up i am down 76/24. I fold the first two hands and am down to $2100. We are playing $100/$200. I ask if she wants to deal and she said she wants to play it out. OK I tried.

The fnext hand I get is A,4 and shove to her raise. She calls with K,10 and my hand holds. After the hand we are 55/45 in favor of her. I ask if she wanted to chop but no go. We agreed to a save so the loser will get their buy-in back. Next hand she shoves and I have A,4. I call again and she has k,j. Door card is an Ace and I am now ahead 90/10. She shoves the next hand and i have A,J and call. She has 7,4, flops a 4 but I river a J and its over. $1k in lammers and $120 cash, less $125 for the save and a $50 tip.

No comments: