Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 4

At noon was the WSOP NLHE event. In the first level I picked up smapp pocket pairs three times and limped. Two of the times there was a raise and I called and missed every time.

The first big hand I got QcJc and limped in middle position. The flop comes 10c7c2c. Its checked ahead of me and I check. The turn is the Kc giving me 2nd nut. I bet out 2/3 of the pot and get called. The river pairs the 7. I bet out 600 and get called by the Ac.

I bled down a little more and had $1500 when my last hand came. I am in the blind with two spades in a multi-way limped pot. The flop somes with two spades. I shove and get one caller with top 2 pair. I hit the flush on the river but it makes the other player a boat and I'm done.

After the tourney I jumped in a $175 single table satellite. I spew chips down to $425 at the 25/50 level when i pick up KK from the SB. Its limped 6 ways to me and I shove. I get one caller with A,4 and my hand holds. I picked up a few smapp pots after that then went on a tear busting everybody. Heads-up I had a 74/26 lead. I offered 2nd place double his $ back and he took it.

I then jumped in a $10/$20 razz game that was starting. We started 3-handed and it filled shortly after. Gank (Bret Jungblut) sat in. Tom McEvoy walked by and I tried to get him in the game but he passed. You think if you write a book on razz you are obligated to help start a table right? Guess not. I lost about $100 on the table and left.

I then played some 2/5 NL after I ate and proceeded to drop around $350. One guy at the table was a card rack. The guy on the table said he started with $150. When he left he had about $1600.

I signed-up for the mega satellite and was out 1/2 hour in. I made an ill-timed bluff and got it later with top pair 2nd kicker and lost to the nut kicker.

I really dodn't feel like playing after that but i drove over to Bellagio to see if they were running any sats. They were not so I walked over to Caesars to play in their 11pm tourney. When I walked into the room they had a 4/8 HORSE game going. Wow!

I sat down with $200 at 10:30pm. The second hand I play I chop an absolute monster pot in Stud 8. I think it was 5 handed to the river wuth multiple bets each round. This was such a fun game to play. Something other than NL. One interesting hand during the night when we were playing 4-handed I chopped a Razz pot wuth 7,6,4,2,A. I have never seen a chop before in Razz. I was down to $12 when I won a pot around 5:30 and made a nice comeback to $180. I was successful in getting two rounds of 2-7 in the game. Wow did I clean-up in those games. We also played about 5 hands of blind mans bluff. It was the funniest thing ever.

I think we ended up playing 4 handed for around 3 hours. We finally decided to break the game at 6:30am this morning.

Its already 1:30p now and I am still in bed. Time to get my ass up and go play the $150 razz event down at Binions today @ 4pm. Afther that I am going to try 2-3 single table satellites and if I don't hit I will buy into the WSOP razz event tomorrow.

No comments: