Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 7

I'm sitting in the airport right now waiting to go home. Its amazing how fast a week goes here. It will also be great to get home and see my son. Hopefully he still remembers me.

Yesterday I made it to Planet Hollywood for the 10am tournament. I went through my stack in the first hour and did a re-buy for another $60. I picked up 5,5 about 10 minutes before the break and flopped a set to get my chips up to 7000 or so. After the break I went on a heater. I knocked quite a few players out in short order. One example is calling a short stacks all-in with AdJ against AxQx and I flopped the flush. It helps to run good.

I made it to the final table 2nd in chips and the tourney paid top 6. I was never able to pick up a hand and never got a chance to put pressure on anyone else as they were shoving the short stacks in before I got a chance. I ended up busting in 4th for $307. Three final tables, 3 cashes in 3 Planet Ho tournaments. I should have stayed here all week.

After the Ho I drove over to the Rio to play some more satellites. The first one I played was a $125. I ended up chopping it for one lammer and $60. The next one I played in was $225. Down to 3-handed we each took a lammer and played for the last one and the cash. I didn't win so I got just the one lammer. The next one I played in was a $175. We got down to 4-handed but I was unable to come up with a win when I got short and busted out with nothing.

I played the $500 mega satellite at 9pm. I picked up some chips early and got to 3500 (start with 3000). After that I had one ill-timed bluff on a board of k,k,3,2,9. I had 4,5 and the guy with 5,5 called 600 on the end. the table was very passive and I was able to see a lot of flops fir a limp. The guy to my left was absolutely horrible. Twice he called bets on the river with ace high, one of which was good. He would also call down with bottom pair and hit a 2nd pair on the river (he had J,4 and limped UTG). I was down to 1050 when I picked-up A,A in late position. Blinds were at 100/200 and someone in early position made it 600. I shoved and he called with A,Q and my hand was good.

I was sitting on about 2000 in the big blind when someone raised to 700 and there was a caller behind. I pick-up 7,7 and ship it. The original raiser folded and the other called rather quickly with A,J. He flopped an OESD, missed on the turn, but hit the A on the river and I was done. The tourney had 63 people and paid 3 seats. You needed chips and I figured my 7,7 was the hand to go with at that point. As it was I was right and just lost the flip.

When I get back home I will have to go through my trip reports and see what the final tally is. If I didn't play the $2000 NLHE, $1500 Razz, $1k mega and $500 mega I would be plenty ahead. As it is though I lost money on the trip. At least I am going home with money in my pocket thanks to some small tourney cashes and playing the single table sats well.

Later....

No comments: