Sunday, December 30, 2007

Dream Table

First off, wow. Three blog entries in < 24 hours.

This week on Poker After Dark one of the freeroll winners got to pick his own table to compete against. That got me to thinking, who would be at my dream table?

Todd Brunson - This is an automatic first pick for me. He has become my favorite professional player. His writing in SS2 and in Card Player are second to none. I guess I just get his humor.

Daniel Negreanu - I tend to talk a lot at the table so I need someone to BS with. Fantasy hockey discussions can be interesting to the rest of the viewing audience, right?

Howard Lederer - Maybe I can impress him with my game so much that I can get a FT sponsorship out of it. I guy can dream at least.

Barry Greenstein - Another one of my favorites. He is always a good interview and is hilarious.

Last spot is a tough one, so many people to choose from. I won't go with the choices other people would make here like Hellmuth or Matusow. I think I have to add some eye candy (um, sorry Kathy Liebert and Annie Duke). I would go with....

Liz Lieu - For obvious reasons. She actually looks 100% better in person too. Plus I don't think she gets enough credit for her tournament game.

Honorable mention:

Gavin Smith
Joe Sebok
Greg FBT Mueller
Doyle Brunson

Chip Reese would have made my top 5. My son was named after him after all (Reece). He won the HORSE event 3 months after my son was born. Both my son and Chip had pneumonia this year too. Eerie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great concept for a blog post

mind if I use it on mine?