Saturday, December 15, 2007

Friday Live Results

I ended up playing the $40 (with one $40 rebuy) tourney at Tampa Bay Downs. I took the rebuy after the first hand (rules say you can't take it immediately). There were 62 players and 58 rebuys. They paid top 5. You start with 5k in chips and after the first break I had 5025.

I hung about even until we got to the 200/400/25 level. I had around 4000 in chips and decided before a hand was played that I am raising to 1300 regardless of my two cards. Well someone raised ahead of me. I had 9,5 and folded. Flop comes 5,5,x. Meh. So the next hand I raise, get re-raised and had to fold. The next hand I did the same with a suited K and had to fold on the flop when the lone caller bet. Fuck, down to 1350.

Two hands later I pick-up A,A UTG. With only 3 BB's I have to limp and try to get a pot built. There is one MP caller, the SB calls and the BB checks. Flop comes 10,7,4 rainbow. Checked to me and I shove my last 900. Its folded to the BB who calls and he shows 7,4. Damn. The turn is a 5 and the river is an Ace giving me the pot. I am back up to around 5000.

After that hand I was able to build my stack with pre-flop raises and c-bets. The only real siginficant hand was when I had K,K and raised 4x after about 3 callers. The flop came K high and I was able to get one caller to my flop bet. He folded on the turn and I showed him the set. It amazes me that people never bet their sets. I ALMOST ALWAYS bet my sets.

After a bit we got down to the final table and the blinds were at 2000/4000 and I had 15,000 with 4,000 posted in the BB. This was the first hand at the FT. I get K,K. Someone in MP raises to 8,000 and there is one caller. I shove for my 15,000 and both call. I flop a set and they check it down the whole way for a board of K,J,X,10,9. Neither had a Q and I trupled up to a around 48,000. I was now second in chips with 8 BB's at the table. Pretty quickly we drop down to 6 players. We were all pretty even in chips and decide to take $100 from 1st and give it to 6th. That player drops quickly and we are in the money. 1st was $1400 down to $280 for 5th. I made two plays where neither worked and I was a massive short stack. I ended up busting shortly thereafter in 5th for the $280.

When I get a chance (hopefully tonight) I am going to post two hands from Gambit's game last night. This will prove how badly a certain player played them. This will be a good one.

1 comment:

JMF said...

Wow, I really want to see those two hands. I hope it wasn't me who was in them. Nah, I'm too good.