Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Biggest Pot in Florida

I was able to get in most likely my last live session in 2007. I got to Tampa Bay Downs for the start of action. In the first hour or so I played very few hands. I had A,10 once in a limped pot when the flop came 10 high. I bet $7 into the $8 pot and took it down. I won one other hand in the first hour and had $90 left from my original $100 starting stack.

There was one really old guy (he was around 70) at my table. A few of the players at my table knew him, so they have a read on his play. It didn't take me too long to figure out his style. He limped or called almost every hand pre-flop. He would then lead into every pot he could. I was able to see people pick him off left and right with a raise or check-raise on the turn.

I was finally able to get in a pot with him. In a limped pot I get K,5 from the big blind in a multi-way limped pot. The flop comes K,J,9 rainbow. I check and the older gentleman bets $10 into the pot. Everyone folds and I call. The turn is the 5 giving me 2 pair. I check, he bets $15 and I raise to $45 to put him all-in. He call and turns over 10,9. The lovely Q rolls off on the river and hit 12% shot gets there and I lose. Rebuy for $60 more please.

I play another few hands and catch nothing and rebuy for another $40. Not many hands come my way and I blind down to$80. I pick-up Kd,9d from the SB and complete after 3 limpers and the BB raises to $9. Two people call and I call. The flop comes Ad8d5c. I check, the BB bets out $20 and a middle position player flat calls. I decide to shove for my remaining $71. Two reasons I do this. I can win of they fold and I can draw out if they call. The BB thought for a while. In a hand earlier I saw him fold A,J on a J,X,X rainbow board so I know he is capable of making a big fold. He ends up calling with A,K and the other folds. My flush doesn't get there and I am now stuck $200.

After a trip to the ATM I buy in for another $100. I am able to get up to $130 (d0n't remember how) when the big hand arrives.

I am on the button with J,10 off and there are 3-4 limpers to me. I almost fold but decide to call. The SB completes and the BB checks and we are off to a flop of 10d,10c,5d. Nice! Its checked all the way to me and I bet $5. The SB calls and a MP player calls. The turn is an off suit 7. Its checked to me and I throw out a $20 bet and they both call. OK I know one has the flush draw and the other most likely has a 10 but I am not sure how good. The river brings the best card in the deck, the Jd. The SB immediately shoves for $61. The MP player shoves for around $200 and I do my best Phil Hellmuth impersonation and shove my chips in as fast as possible. The SB had 10,5 for the flopped boat. The MP player had the flush and I took down a $371 pot. Just like that I am out of the red and showing a profit on the day.

I played for around another 45 minutes to an hour and had one other playable hand. I had AdKd from under the gun and raised to $9 and got 3 callers. The flop was JdXdXh. I check and a MP player bets $10. It's folded to me and I calls. The turn is a blank and it goes check check. The river is a diamond that pairs the board. I lead for $20 and he folds.

I ended up leaving with $375 in front of me for a $75 profit in about 3 1/2 hours of play. The old dude I saw peel about $500 out when I was there. I did end up trapping him again with top 2 and got him to shove drawing dead. Now that I think of it, that is how I got up to $130 before the big hand. When I left there were 3 others on the table that had at least $300. Amazing how one player at the table can feed so much money into the game.


Saturday Home Game

Scott Long had a home game today. We played 9 handed with out standard set of games along with PLO and PLHE. Stakes. I was able to make a profit of $24 for 4 hours of work. I can't even think of too many interesting hands. The only halfway interesting hand was when me and Gambit held A,Q in a crazy pineapple hand with a flop if K,J,10. It was capped on 4th and 5th streets. When I left Scott was up at least $250. Amazing how someone can do that playing $2/$4 limit primarily.


Next time I get a chance to post I will probably go through my schedule when I go to Tunica January 8th-12th.

No comments: