Tuesday, January 01, 2008

One More Session

I was able to get one more session in before 2008. Tampa Bay Downs had a high hand promotion going. The best hand between 6p - 9p and 9p to midnight won a 50" Plasma TV. The wife was sick and went ot bed early so I headed over.

I was seated at a new table around 9pm. I never really got many hands the whole time I was there really. The first hand I played I limped for $2 with Ad,Kd in MP. There was a very aggressive player behind me and he didn't dissapoint and raised to $11. It was folded back to me and I raised to $32 and he flat called. I am pretty sure he is weak and I am going to fire for everything if and A or K comes. The flop is JcJdXc. I check and he bets out $15. I think a check raise looks pretty strong here and I raise to $45. He thinks and says he needs a club. HE finally folds and I take down the pot.

The second playable hand I had J,J in EP. I raised to $11 and got one caller. The flop came down A,J,x. I lead for $15 and the other player folded.

The third hand I won was a good value bet. An older gentelman sat where the aggro guy was. I limped with 9,9 along with 3-4 others including the old guy. The flop comes 8 high rainbow. I check, he fires for $9 and I am the only caller. The turn is another small card and I lead for $15 and he calls. The river brings a possible straight on the board. I lead for $15 again and he calls. He had A,8 and I picked up the pot.

The last hand I won (yeah, only four on the night) I had 6,3 off from the BB. It was a 6 way limped pot to the flop of Q,4,2 rainbow. Its checked all the way around. The turn is another 4 bringing a second heart. Checked around again. The river is the 5h giving me the straight. I lead for $10 and get one caller. My hand is good.

I ended up leaving around 11:40 with $190 in front of me good for a $90 profit. I never saw a river which I lost (only two of my hands got that far).

Later today I am going to add-up how I did since the laws changed and try and come up with an hourly rate. I think I am around $15-20 an hour. 7-0-1 on the year, certainly can't complain about that.

One of my 2008 goals is to play 30 live sessions throughout the year at the track.

Happy New Year!

No comments: