Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Day One Sucked

Got to the Gold Strike around 9pm. I signed up for a $125 two winner satellite. I played way too loose and ended up busting out in 9th. In the second one I made some adjustments and made it down to the final four. On my bustout hand I had K,9 from the BB and there were two limpers at 300/600 (I had 3200 with 20k total in play). Flop comes K,J 9 and its checked around. The turn is the A. I shove for my remaining 2600 and get instacalled by the chip leader who has Q,10. Losing that one no matter what happens.

I then played in an $85 Stud8 STT. There was one winner and I ended up chopping it heads-up. I played a super loose image early and took advantage of it later.

I was too late to sign-up for the Midnight tournament and signed-up for $1/$2 NL which cost me dearly. I ended up losing $500. I wish I would have made the tourney. I would have only lost $100 there. Damn it.

On the day I was down $645. I think I am playing the $500 Stud8 event at the Gold Strike today. Zooks will be posting updates I think on CCN (Thanks Zooks!).

1 comment:

BC said...

Hey!

I'm not sure if you remember me, but if you are who I think you are then we were at the final table (final 3 actually) of the first Poker Sluts event this year together. I see you are in Tunica, so I'm not sure if you will even read this or be able to respond, but I'm making the trip Friday and was wondering if you could fill me in on the action at the Gold Strike. Specifically, the Midnite tournament...how many players, starting chips, length of levels, etc. Anyway, good luck and have fun! I know I will!