Friday, January 11, 2008

Day Three - Thursday

I started out at the Grand and played a $65 one winner single table satellite with Fasso. I lost with A,Q vs 7,7 for half my chips early when he turned his set. When I was down I was able to limp in pots way too much. A couple of times I was able to take the pots with 3,3 and 2,2 when the flop was checked around and I fired on the turn. Fasso was not able ot play a single hand until he was all in and was busted out.

When we got to three handed I had around 2200 of the 15k in chips. When I was in the big blind the lady in the small blind let me see flops for free and I was able to check down a number of pots and win. I ended up going from 2200 to 8000 WITHOUT AND ALL-IN. That's how passive this thing was. I ended up getting the chop.

After that one I headed over to the Gold Strike. I lost the first $125 I played in and in the second one I had 8,8 with 1400 behind. I limped and the chip leader raised it up. I end up shoving and he counts his chips out and takes about 15 seconds to call and shows A,A. Nice slow roll fucker. I let him know about it.

After that I sat in a $3/6 Omaha8 game with a full kill for an hour. I hit nut flushes and nut nut hands and cashed out with a $79 profit. I went to the Horseshow and promptly dusted off $100 in the $1-$5 stud game.

I went back to the Gold Strike and played one more $65 satellite. In the middle stages I flopped a straight and was able to get a key double-up. When we were three handed I had the chip leader by 200 and I shoved on his SB with 5,5. He actually calls with A,7. He hits his and I am all but out. If I win that one I am in great shape to win it all.

Overall on the day I lost $141. I am playing in the $300 tournament at the Grand tomorrow with Fasso. Since there is a $500 at the Gold Strike at the same time the number of donks should be good.

1 comment:

t said...

hows come all u talk about is poker?

:P