Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fresno - Club One

A weekend ago I made a trip out to California with the family to visit my wife's grandparents in Fresno. I was able to play two days at Club One in downtown Fresno. They offered limit games from 1/2 up to 40/80 which went off the last day I was there. They recently have been approved for no-limit games, 3 tables during the week and 5 tables on the weekend. The NL games they offer are 1/1 with a $40 max, 2/2 with a $100 max, 5/5 with a $500 max and 5/10 with a $2000 max. The most popular game was the 2/2 game.

On Thursday I got to the room around noon. I was seated right away in the 4/8 limit game and I bought in for $200. I hit a couple hands in the first hour and was up to around $250 or so. The game got pretty wild after that and the wheels came off. I ended up busting in around two hours. It was similar to the 4/8 game I played at the Grand where I dumped $200 in about an hour there. Just downright terrible play.

After that disgusting display I put my name on the 2/2 NL list and was called within 1/2 hour. I sat down with $100 and played fairly tight. The game reminded me a lot of the 1/2 NL games here in Florida. Some tight players, some reckless, and a lot of players who might as well show their cards because its obvious what they have. I played for around 4 hours and ended up $48. A total loss of $152 on the day for me.

Day two coming up next.....

No comments: