Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Club One - Day Two

Since I am in Pittsburgh doing nothing I suppose I could do some catch-up.

On day 2 I decide to play smaller because of the loss from the day before. I got there around 10:30 and the tourney started at 10:00. I could have been added to the waiting list but passed. I signed up for 2/4 limit and got a seat within about 20 minutes. I also threw my name on the list for 2/2 NL. It looks like it usually gets going when the tourney players start busting out.

I sat down with $100. The table was a typical loose passive one, standard for this game. In about 30 minutes at the table I flopped a set and turned a flush to build a nice profit early. My name was called for the 2/2 NL game and I got up with a profit of $82.

I sit in the NL game with the full $100 buy-in. I won a couple of hands early and I had my stack up around $200 actually showing a profit for the trip. I guess I was saying that to myself too soon. Over about two hours the best hand I saw was Q,J. I didn't even get a small pocket pair. I just bled and bled. Before I knew it I was sitting on the same $100 stack. SOme more bleeding insued over the next hour and I was all the way down to $40. I picked up A,Q and after a raise and I call I shipped it only to have both call. I was up against K,K and A,6. Drawing really slim I did not hit and I was down $100.

I was going to get up as it was almost time to go. Me being the money spew machine that I am I break out another $100. Two laps later I had $28 left and finally got the hell out of there. Just not a good start to 2008.

No comments: