Sunday, February 10, 2008

Small Win

I got off of my ass and went to the track today to play some 1/2 NL. When I got my seat card and went t the table I wanted to turn around and run home. I drew "the rock garden" table. They are a bunch of regulars that play fuckin tight as can be. One guy who I consider one of the strongest players in the game is already up a buy-in. The saving grace the the 80 year old two seats to my left who is possible THE worst player at the track. I decide that if I get up $50 I am walking.

I picked up a hand about the third trip around the table with A,Q. I raise it up to $10 and get 3 callers. Flop comes 9,7,3 two spades. One old dude bets out $6 from the blin and I am the only caller. The turn brings the 2s. He leads for $11. I have the Qs and call. The river is the Js. He checks and I fire $25 and he folds. He commented to his octaganarian buddy next to him that he flopped 2 pair. WTF did he call $10 pre-flop with?

The only other winning hand of the session I had 8c2c from the SB and called. The flop cames 8,5,2 with two hearts. I bet two chips in my hand which I thought were red ones. Well they were blue $1 chips. the player in the BB raises to $10 (whew) and its folded back to me and I reraise to $45. H folds showing me a heart. After the hand I am up $46. Damn it, close.

I folded for about the next 1/2 hour only seeimg the turn once. I ended up leaving up $10. Not a lot but a win none the less.

I have been playing some heads-up SNG's in advance of CHIMPS. So far over the last few days I have been 4-0. Just playing these few I think I have learned so much. I need some more points to improve upon my 2nd place finish last week. That was kinda amazing considering I was down to 92 chips and 14 left playing 100/200. I had the 2/1 chip lead heads-up but got scooped when I held a pair and an 8 low.

Congrats goes out to Snarf for cashing in FTOPS Event #1. WTG!!!!

I have been meaning to do a Stud8 strategy post. I wanted to wait till CHIMPS was over. I shoud get to it this week.

No comments: