Sunday, February 17, 2008

Write, Write, Write

I think I have enough content for a 10,000 word post. We shall see how long this gets. After a month and a half lets go back and look at my New Years Resolutions to see how I did.


1. Play 30 live cash game sessions in the local card rooms. Well I am already off to a good start on this one. I already have two sessions in.

I am off to a good start in this one already. So far I have played 7 sessions for a $47 profit.

2. Blog more, especially about live play. Over the second half of last year I think I did a good job of this. As long as I do #1 aboce I should be able to keep this resolution.

Fail. I have a ton of content but just can't seem to find the time to post it. I am on the road the next 5 weeks so maybe I will get a chance to post some stuff up.

3. Be a winning live player for the year. I think its pretty safe to say that I have not had a live winning year to date. If I stayed within my roll I think I could do it. Inevatably the WSOP rolls around and I spend around $5k in buy-ins with nothing to show for it and I am pretty much stuck for the year.


Not a good start here either. Tunica definately started me on the wrong track.

4. Not play a big buy-in event unless I am showing a profit for the trip even if I do not cash. Nuff said here. Note: I will probably break this one in about 3 days when I go to Tunica.

As expected, Fail. I was down on the trip and played the $500 Stud/8 event.

5. Log all of my live sessions in a spreadsheet. I am going to maintain three separate pages, one for cash games, one for tournaments and one for single table satellites.

Massive failure. Just to find out how I was doing in the live games at Tampa Bay downs I just now had to go back and read my blog posts.

6. Cash in a big tournament. I am defining big tournament as one with a buy-in for $300 or more.

Mission accomplished! Its good to get this one out of the way early.


More to come when Reece takes a nap today.

No comments: