Sunday, August 05, 2007

Saturday

I was able to make it back to Tampa Bay downs yesterday. I sat in a 1/2 NL ($100 cap) game. The bigstack at the table was two to . He had around $700 or so. HE was a solid plyer.Twice he had aces when i ws there, bet $25 pre-flop, got 1-2 callers and got paid off both times. It just amazes me how bad the play is at these games. I am guessing this is waht it was like when CA legalized NL games. I can't wait for the Hard Rock to get their games back.

I blew through the first $100 in about an hour and a half. I had $30 or so in front of me when I got Qh,Jc and raised to $10. The flop cames 9,5,4 all clubs. I shoved for my last $21 and was called by 8s8c. His hand held up and I re-bought.

After I re-buy a younger kid sits in the 3 seat. He played any 2 and was just terrible. He lost his first hondred, did a rebuy and then got it up to over $300, went down to #60 and had it to $300 again all in under an hour. How dies this happen????

I have $90 left when I get AhQh in the SB. There is a raise to $16 and a re-raise to $30. Normally you would thin the A,Q is no good here but not at this table. I was sure I had the best hand. I got to call with $50 chips in my hand. I don't say call so whatever was in my hand was declared a raise. Horrible rule but whatever. I get a cold caller behind, the original raiser calls and the re-raiser calls. Flop comes A,J,6 all diamonds. I shove for $51 and all 2 of them call. The turn is a Q and the river is a blank. My hand is good. The one who made it $30 had A,K. The kid in the 2 seat says nice 3 outer. I said its not as good as the runner runner flush he had a lape earlier when he called an all-in for $40 with 6,2 no pair no draw on the flop. Seriously these people suck that bad.

After the hand I have $340. The next big hand I get Q,Q in ep and raise to $15 and the kid is the only caller. Flop is 9 high rainbow and I bet out $25 and he calls. Turn is the K. I bet $30 and he calls. River is a J and I check call a $40 bet. He rolls over K,Q. Nice 3 outer you say huh kid?

After about another 15 minutes I left with $235 in front of me for a $35 profit. One of these days I have to get there at noon and play all day long. If a couple hands holding up early I could leave with $2k before the day is over.

I played some Stud/8 last night and it didn't go well. Through 200 hads now I am down $0.99 and have $1.40 left. Look like if you guessed busto around hand 250 you would be looking good right now.


,


After getting killed in Stud/8 I moved over to FTP and 2 tabled, a $0.50/$1 LHE and 1 $0.10/$0/25 NLHE table. I about an hour I won $5 from the limit game and $22 from the NLHE game. Made me feel a little better.

No comments: