Wednesday, August 29, 2007

AC Part 2

I am a little late in posting this but my son was home sick with me and requred all of my time.

OK at ther 2/5 table at the Taj and I start with $500. You do not have to post at the Taj so I dump my first hand of 9,7 off in EP. The flop comes 10,8,6 rainbow. Oops.

I picked up K,K in the BB on the third hand and called a late position raise and one limper also called. The flop come Q high and I check, limper checks and the PF raiser bets $40. I call and limper folds. The turn brings a second diamond and I lead out for $40 and win the pot there. Up right away.

I miss everything over the next couple of hours and drop myself down to $225 or so before picking up a few hands and getting it back up to $425 when the hand of the night occurs. I am in early position and limp on the button with Ks10s. A new player in the BB makes it $15 to go. This was way too small at this table and 5 other people call along with me. 7 handed to the flop and it comes down 8s5s3h. Its checked all around to the player to my right who bets out $30. I call along with two others and then someine check raises to $150. The original raiser dumps and its up to me. I could easily dump ere and only lose $45 in the hand but when I am losing I tend to play these hands. I decide to call and the two behind be fold. I guess there is a case for shoving there but with two behind me I don't like the play. The turn is the Ad. The other player thinks for a minute stacking up his chips and then thinking again. After about two minutes he shoves for his last $145. This shove just didn't seem to add up to me. With his actions I put him on a lower flush draw. I actually think my K high is good here and even if I am wrong I think my K and 10 is good along with the flush cards so I think I am around a 30% favorite IF I am behind.

I thought for a good 3 minutes before I call and the other player immediately says good call. The river is an off-suit K and now I think my hand is really good. I flip my hand over and then he flips over the 8,3 for a flopped top and bottom pair. I really just didn't see that hand in his range there. I went with my read on the hand and I guess thats all I can do.

For the two sessions and the tournament I lost $600 for the day.

No comments: