Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Greektown

I played in the 2/5 game last night. The min and max buy-in was 100/300 for the game. Thats just way too low of a buy-in in my opinion.

I was seated in a new game. About 7 people bought in for the max and a few were short stacking. This was the absolute wildest 2/5 game I have ever played in my life. There were about 6 all-ins in the first lap around the table. This game played like a big 5/10 game. Opening raises were between 30-50 with all of it going in by the turn. I just had to wait and pick my spots.

One hand I had the nut flush draw that missed which knocked me town to 200. I added another 100 to my stack to get back up to 300. PLaying off of my tight image I was able to pick up a couple small pots on bluffs. One hand I had A,J and raised pre-flop to $30 with one caller. The Flop came 9 high, I checked and the other player checked. The turn was a second 9. I check raised a $15 bet to $60 and got the other player to fold. I was at around $350 when by last hand happened.

It was a straddle pot and I pick-up A,Q in middle position. Its folded to me and I make it $50 to go. I get one late position caller and the bib blind. The flop comes Q high rainbow. BB checks, I bet out $75 and get the late position player to call. He has shown down some questionable hands so far. The turn is a blank. I bet out $125 and he goes all-in. I called and he had A,A. Motherfucker. I quit losing $400.

I guess its time to take a break from playing cash games for a while. I just can't seem to string anything together. I always lose the first pot of the night and its downhill from there. Limit hold-em might be a good option for me in the near future just to do something different. I might go down and play Thursday night and give it another shot. I will post one of the more interesting hands I saw later today just to give you an idea of what kind of game this is. Off to work now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ever thought about using this:

http://www.tegneserieguiden.net/usa/snofte/pic1.gif

...as a logo for your blog?

Snuffy said...

What is that?????

Unknown said...

Seriously?

That, my friend, is Snuffy Smith (or "Smiff," and he pronounces it.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuffy_Smith