Sunday, August 12, 2007

I Finally Win some Donkey Money

I was able to get a two hour session at Tampa Bay downs a couple days ago. I got there when the room opened at Noon and everyone at the table bought at the max of $100. In the first hour I had two hands. In one hand I had K,K when it all went in on a 10 high flop and the other player had K,K as well. I chopped one other hand with 2 pair when we both had A,10.

The one and only big hand I had was a little over an hour into the session. I had around $120 in front of me. I picked up Ad,Kd UTG and limped. There had been a raise almost every hand leading up to this hand so I thought I would get a chance to re-pop it pre-flop. Of course that doesn't happen and I see the flop 6 handed. The flop comes A,7,6 rainbow. I bet out $15 and get one caller in late position. The turn is a 5 and I bet out $25 and the other player calls leaving $31 behind. The river is a 4. I check planning on calling most bets here. He ends up shoving for $31. I took a minute and replayed the hand. Is there any hand that he limps with pre-flop and calls a $15 bet on the flop that contains an 8 or a 3? I don't think so and I called. He showed Q,Q and my hand was good.

His play in the whole hand was just terrible. He limps into a pot in late position with 3-4 callers in front of him. He then calls $15 on an ace high flop with 6 people seeing the flop. That ace has to hit someone there. Calling on the turn is probably worse than the pre-flop limp. Shoving on the river after I check is not that bad of a play because that is the only chance he has at winning the pot.

This has been such a tough week of decisions for me. Every one that has come up I have taken my time and replayed the hand back in my mind. Just taking more time than usual has really paid off for me lately.

I will try and post-up the home game tournament report in the next day or so. I will not be seeing much live poker room play for a while as I do not have any trip scheduled where there is a room for the next two months. I will have to stick to the horse track here.

No comments: